One of my favourite cocktails to have is a mojito. I love the minty taste, the sweet flavour and the twist of lime. It’s a refreshing drink to have especially in the summers but who doesn’t love a cheeky one in other seasons too.
I have put the recipe for you down below if you want to give it a go. It serves one person but you can make a jug full too by changing the recipe.
I think a mojito is one of the easier drinks to make. And some other cocktails can have a real strong alcoholic taste that makes it hard to consume unlike the wonderful mojito. Whats is your favourite cocktail? Comment below.
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 shot of rum
- 120ml soda water
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- Place mint leaves and 1 of the lime wedges into a tall glass.
- Smash or crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and crush again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with soda water. Stir, taste and add more sugar if desired. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge. Taste, serve and enjoy!